Questions & Tips
Where is your wood sourced?
Our firewood is mainly sourced from within the Arboretum but also from other tree work that our outside maintenance team undertake for private individuals.
Are your logs seasoned?
Bodenham’s logs are seasoned, having been in ventilated storage in our farm buildings, and comply to Government legislation which states they must have a moisture level less than 20%.
How are logs prepared?
All our logs are split lengthways to ensure better burning and sawn to length.
Logs are available for all types of log burners and open fires and you are welcome to come and inspect before you order.
What type of wood are the logs?
Each load is an approximate 50% mix of softwood and hardwood and size of logs vary.
Do you deliver?
We deliver free to Kidderminster, Bewdley, Stourport and most of Stourbridge or within a 10 mile radius, £3.00 per mile, one way, thereafter.
How do you deliver?
Delivery is in a Ford Transit Tipper and we tip the logs wherever we can conveniently reverse the vehicle to. Please ensure you have a space ready for log delivery.
Top log tips
- Never run out of firewood logs
- Fill your store early in the spring or summer. Log prices normally go up in the early Autumn / Winter so you could be warming your house at last years’s prices.
- Store logs off the damp ground and under an overhanging roof so allowing a good air flow around and under your logs.
- Dry well seasoned logs will –
– Burn better
– Light easier
– Give off more heat
– Will not tar up your chimney
And you will actually burn less logs.